Tuesday 6 September 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 6, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Allan Howe and Monique Corriveau.
The Cat and the Canary, directed by Paul Leni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1927 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Allan Howe
- Monique Corriveau
- Paul A. Volcker: Economist.
- Keith Humble: Composer.
- Allen Howe: American politician, a former Congressman from Utah who was charged with soliciting prostitution from a policewoman; he pleaded "no contest.
- Red Sox beat the New York Yankees 12-11 in 18 innings at Fenway Park