Saturday 6 October 1928US date format: 10/6/1928, UK date format: 6/10/1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Antier and Barbara Werle.
The Fall of the House of Usher, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1928 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:06 October
- 11th PGA Championship: Leo Diegel at Five Farms Country Club - Baltimore
- Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek becomes President of China
- Josip Broz (Tito) sentenced to 5 years in jail
- Chiang Kai-Shek becomes Chairman of the Republic of China.