Tuesday 6 October 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paolo Savona and Anna Quayle.
Libeled Lady, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1936 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Paolo Savona: Italian politician, cabinet member under President Ciampi and civil servant involved in Industry.
- Anna Quayle: Actress (Mistress Pamela).
- Glenn Hild: Race horse trainer.
- Rob Touber [Robert J Noordervliet]: Cabaret director (Capers).
- Julius Chambers: American lawyer educator and activist (d. 2013).
- Sandra Voe: Scottish actress.
- New York Yankees beat New York Giants four games to two in 33rd World Series.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?