Wednesday 8 June 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Stiller and Monique Bosco.
With Sitting Bull at the Spirit Lake Massacre, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1927 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Jerry Stiller: American comedian and actor.
- Monique Bosco
- David Hobman: Director (Age Concern England).
- Michael Levey: Director (British National Gallery).
- Pierre Agache: Roubaix physician.
- Anne Warburton: English academic and diplomat (d. 2015).
- Tony Lazzeri hits three home runs as New York Yankees beat Chicago White Sox 12-11.