Thursday 6 October 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Nubret and Bertrand de Labbey.
Room Service, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 October 1938 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Serge Nubret: Caribbean-French bodybuilder and actor (d. 2011).
- Bertrand de Labbey
- Bertrand Labbey de La Besnardière: French businessman, the head of the European talent agency, Artmedia.
- Louis Verge
- Yanks Lefty Gomez sets record of 6 World Series wins without a loss
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?