Friday April 7, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 7, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Teddy Riner and Alexa Demara.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Look by Roxette.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Say Anything..., directed by Cameron Crowe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Cat'S Eye by Margaret Atwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragons of Flame or Butcher Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 April 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1989 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Teddy Riner: French world champion in Judo,winning his first world title in 2007, the youngest male ever to do so.
- Alexa Demara: American model.
- Franco Di Santo: Argentinian footballer.
- Tikhon Toropets: Patriarch of Russian-Orthodox / saint.
- Soviet submarine Komsomolets sinks in the Barents Sea off the coast of Norway killing 42 sailors.
- Georgian demonstrators are massacred by Red Army soldiers in Tbilisi's central square during a peaceful rally 20 citizens are killed, many injured.
- A dispute over grazing rights leads to the beginning of the Mauritania–Senegal Border War.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Today - Girl I Got My Eyes On You
- Ashford & Simpson - I'll Be There For You
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Jonathan Butler - More Than Friends
- Karyn White - Love Saw It
- All I Want Is Forever (From "Tap") - James "J.T." Taylor & Regina Belle
- Cherrelle - Affair
- El DeBarge - Real Love
- Vesta - 4 U
- The Boys - Lucky Charm
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?