Sunday 9 April 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 9, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabriella Wilde and Chad Graham.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Look by Roxette.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Say Anything..., directed by Cameron Crowe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Tom Sawyer or The Revenge of Shinobi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 April 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1989 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:09 April
- Mike Tyson strikes a parking attendant when asked to move his car
- Scott Hoch chokes on 18-inch putt and loses Masters golf tournament.
- Washington DC march supporting 1973 Roe versus Wade decision (allowing abortions).
- Patti Rizzo wins LPGA Red Robin Kyocera Inamori Golf Classic.
- 53rd Golf Masters Championship: Nick Faldo wins, shooting a 283.
- The April 9 tragedy in Tbilisi, Georgian SSR an anti-Soviet peaceful demonstration and hunger strikes, demanding restoration of Georgian independence is dispersed by the Soviet army, resulting in 20 deaths and hundreds of injuries.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Today - Girl I Got My Eyes On You
- Ashford & Simpson - I'll Be There For You
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Jonathan Butler - More Than Friends
- Karyn White - Love Saw It
- All I Want Is Forever (From "Tap") - James "J.T." Taylor & Regina Belle
- Cherrelle - Affair
- El DeBarge - Real Love
- Vesta - 4 U
- The Boys - Lucky Charm
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?