Wednesday 26 April 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cole Beasley and Luke Bracey.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Field of Dreams, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Take Me Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Basketball Nightmare or Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1989 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Cole Beasley: Football Player.
- Luke Bracey: Movie Actor.
- Daesung : Korean singer (Big Bang).
- Evelina Barry: YouTube Star.
- Ayame Misaki: Japanese actress.
- Lucille Ball: American actress and noted comedienne with more than 50 films from her debut in 1933.
- Mike Tyson is ticketed for driving 71 mph in 30 mile zone in Albany
- AT&T announces New Jersey's 201 area code will split into 908 and 201.
- The deadliest tornado in world history strikes Central Bangladesh, killing upwards of 1,300, injuring 12,000, and leaving as many as 80,000 homeless.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 April 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?