Saturday April 15, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kerstin Cook and Andre Kinney.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Field of Dreams, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while We Are Still Married by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ballistix or Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds Beyond the Mackerel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1989 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
Famous Birthdays:15 April
- 95 crushed to death at Sheffield Soccer Stadium in England
- South African / British Olympic runner Zola Budd marries
- Then largest lottery in North America ($69M) drawn in Illinois
- Sue Marchiano wins third World Cup female marathon (2:30:48).
- Students in Beijing pro-democracy protests.
- Largest lottery win to date in North America (US$69 million) drawn in Illinois.
- Hillsborough disaster: A human crush occurs at Hillsborough Stadium, home of Sheffield Wednesday, in the FA Cup Semi Final, resulting in the deaths of 96 Liverpool F.C. fans.
- Upon Hu Yaobang's death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People's Republic of China.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?