Wednesday April 19, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alia Shawkat and Jessica Jung.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Miss Firecracker, directed by Thomas Schlamme, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while We Are Still Married by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All-Pro Basketball Zenbei! Pro Basketball or Chip's Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1989 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Jessica Jung: Musician.
- Alia Shawkat: Actress.
- Fiona MacGillivray: Canadian vocalist (The Cottars).
- Janae Bradford: Reality Star.
- Dominik Mader: German football player.
- Kristen O'Connor: American singe-songwriter and guitarist.
- Belinda Owusu: English actress.
- Sam Tordoff: English racing driver.
- Daisuke Watabe: Japanese footballer.
- Daphne Du Maurier: British writer and noted family, the second of three daughters of the famous actor-manager Gerald duMaurier.
- Gun turret explodes on USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors
- Republic Day in Sierra Leone
- Kevin Elster (New York Mets), sets errorless shortstop mark at 73.
- Trisha Meili is savagely attacked while jogging in New York City's Central Park; as her identity remains secret for years, she becomes known as the "Central Park Jogger."
- Seven crew members die when a gun turret explodes on the U.S. battleship Iowa.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?