Wednesday 19 April 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fiona MacGillivray and Janae Bradford.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Field of Dreams, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dragon Ball Z.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Double Dunk or Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1989 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Fiona MacGillivray: Canadian vocalist (The Cottars).
- Janae Bradford: Reality Star.
- Dominik Mader: German football player.
- Kristen O'Connor: American singe-songwriter and guitarist.
- Belinda Owusu: English actress.
- Daphne Du Maurier: British writer and noted family, the second of three daughters of the famous actor-manager Gerald duMaurier.
- Gun turret explodes on USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors
- Republic Day in Sierra Leone
- Kevin Elster (New York Mets), sets errorless shortstop mark at 73.
- Trisha Meili is savagely attacked while jogging in New York City's Central Park; as her identity remains secret for years, she becomes known as the "Central Park Jogger."
- Seven crew members die when a gun turret explodes on the U.S. battleship Iowa.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 April 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?