Thursday 6 April 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katie Griffiths and Renārs Rode.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Look by Roxette.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Cyborg, directed by Albert Pyun, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while We Are Still Married by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tugs.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beast Busters or Castle of the Winds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1989 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Katie Griffiths: English actress.
- Renārs Rode: Latvian footballer.
- Rigard van Klooster: Dutch cyclist and speed skater.
- Orel Hershiser ends his record 59 consecutive scoreless streak
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?