Tuesday 7 January 2003, Orthodox Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
Hero, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Summons by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Buried.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cartoon Network Speedway or Black & Bruised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 7 January 2003
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 7 January 2003 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 January
- US Congress convenes, with Republican Senate majority (51-48-1 independent)
- Jon Johansen was acquitted of all charges in the Norwegian DeCSS trial, in an important test case for copyright law.
- Kobe Bryant breaks NBA record for most 3-point field goals in a single game.
- War on Terrorism: British police announced details of the discovery of traces of the toxin ricin in a flat in Wood Green in North London in the wake of the arrest of six terrorist suspects. The timing of this news coincided with a major speech by Prime Minister Tony Blair dealing with the threat of terrorism and Britain's relationship with the U.S.A.
- British Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon announced details of the call-up of reservists in the military build-up calculated to increase pressure on Iraq.
- French President Jacques Chirac, in a New Year's message to French forces, stated that French forces should be prepare to be activated if the United Nations decides on military action in Iraq.
- Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee told an educational conference in Mumbai: ampquotOur scientists are now talking of going to the Moon.ampquot
- Astronomers at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton have found the most distant extrasolar planet, OGLE-TR-56b, by a new technique of observing the intensity of light as a planet transits its sun, rather than by gravitational perturbation.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop) - Erykah Badu Featuring Common
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott - Work It
- B2K & P. Diddy - Bump, Bump, Bump
- Air Force Ones - Nelly Featuring Kyjuan, Ali & Murphy Lee
- Aaliyah - Miss You
- Dru Hill - I Should Be...
- '03 Bonnie & Clyde - Jay-Z Featuring Beyonce Knowles
- Fabulous - Jaheim Featuring Tha Rayne
- Musiq - dontchange
- 2Pac - Thugz Mansion
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?