Friday 7 July 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barrigue (artist) and Drew Lawrence.
Three Little Words, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Stubborn Heart by Frank G. Slaughter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Don't Look Now.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1950 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Barrigue (artist)
- Drew Lawrence: Canadian pro Vedic astrologer and Sanskrit translator.
- Pedro Aspe: Mexican politician and treasurer.
- Michael Hawes: American photographer who had his own business in February 1979.
- 1st Farnborough airshow held
- 64th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Budge Patty beats Sedgman (61 8-10 62 63)
- 79th British Golf Open: Bobby Locke shoots a 279 at Royal Troon
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?