Saturday 22 July 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Broken Arrow, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Plymouth Adventure by Ernest Gebler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 22 July 1950 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 July
- Frank Worrell completes 261 vs. England at Trent Bridge
- King Leopold, after six years in exile, returns to Belgium.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Vic Damone
- Count Every Star - Dick Haymes (Artie Shaw Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?