Tuesday 18 July 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Richard Branson and Jerome Barkum.
Broken Arrow, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1950 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Sir Richard Branson: British entrepreneur.
- Jerome Barkum: American football player.
- Richard Branson: British entrepreneur who is the founder of Virgin Records and, by 1994, was the owner of Virgin-Atlantic Airways.
- Jack Layton: Canadian politician, leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada.
- Jack Dongarra: American computer scientist and academic.
- Kostas Eleftherakis: Greek footballer
- Glenn Hughes: American singer dancer and actor (Village People) (d. 2001)
- Mark Udall: American educator and politician
- Carl Clinton Van Doren: US literary (The Nation), dies at 64.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?