Sunday 23 July 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kaity Tong news anchor (WABC-TV and Blair Thornton Canadian guitarist (Bachman.
Broken Arrow, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 July 1950 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Blair Thornton Canadian guitarist (Bachman: Turner Overdrive).
- Kaity Tong news anchor (WABC-TV: New York City).
- Felipe Sola: Argentine politician of the Justicialist Party (Peronism) and was the governor of the province of Buenos Aires since 2002 until he left office in 2007.
- Alex Kozinski: Romanian-American lawyer and judge.
- Ian Thomas: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Blair Thornton: Canadian guitarist and songwriter (Bachman Turner Overdrive).
- Alan Turner: Australian cricketer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Vic Damone
- Count Every Star - Dick Haymes (Artie Shaw Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?