Saturday 8 July 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Winchester '73, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling by Frank Bettger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Andy Pandy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1950 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 July
- Othmar Spann: Austrian economist / sociologist (Wahre State), dies at 71.
- 33.4 cm rain fall at York, Nebraska (state record)
- 57th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Louise Brough beats M duPont (61 36 61)
- Gen Douglas MacArthur named commander-in-chief, UN forces in Korea
- US General Douglas MacArthur named commander-in-chief, United Nations forces in Korea.
- Leroy Deans awarded first Order of Purple Heart in Korea.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?