Tuesday 11 July 1950US date format: 7/11/1950, UK date format: 11/7/1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Zamberlan and Bruce McGill.
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Look Younger, Live Longer by Gayelord Hauser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Innocents Abroad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1950 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Anne Zamberlan: French actress, writer and designer.
- Bruce McGill: American actor.
- Bonnie Pointer: American singer (The Pointer Sisters).
- J R Morgan: British classical scholar.
- J Morgan: Welsh author and academic.
- Jorma Takala: Finnish professional criminal, a thief...
- Pervez Hoodbhoy: Pakistani physicist and academic.
- Timotei Popovici: Composer, dies at 79.
- 17th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 4-3 in 14 at Comiskey Park, Chicago Ted Williams breaks his elbow; 1st extra inning All Star Game
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?