Tuesday July 11, 1950
US date format: 7/11/1950, UK date format: 11/7/1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Anne Zamberlan and Bruce McGill.
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Innocents Abroad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1950?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- 17th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 4-3 in 14 at Comiskey Park, Chicago Ted Williams breaks his elbow; 1st extra inning All Star Game
- Timotei Popovici: Composer, dies at 79.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 11If July 11, 1950 is your birthday you're 70 years, 24 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 7 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free