Monday 23 July 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Commons and Patrick Mioulane.
Oliver Twist, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 July 1951 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Kim Commons: American teenage chess prodigy who earned his title of Chess master in 1968, senior title 1973 and international title 1976.
- Patrick Mioulane
- Lucien Abenhaim: French pharmacoepidemiologist and an expert in public health.
- Florence Clerc: French ballet dancer, appointed principal dancer of the Paris Opera Ballet in 1975.
- Thierry Cornillet: French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the south-east of France.
- Edie McClurg: Kansas City, Missouri -- Actress (Cinderella-1985, Hogan Family).
- Michael McConnohie: American voice actor and screenwriter.
- Leman Sam: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Terry Davis: NYC, New York -- Actress (Stacey Winthrop-Another World).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Champ Butler
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?