Tuesday 31 July 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Evonne Goolagong and Antoine Durrleman.
When Worlds Collide, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The High Calling by James Street was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of Tomorrow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1951
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1951 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Evonne Goolagong: Australian tennis champ with instant international celebrity on 7/02/1971 when she won the Women's single title at Wimbledon the first time by defeating Margaret Court, becoming the fifth youngest winner in history.
- Antoine Durrleman: French senior official, a member of the Court of Auditors, and CEO of the AP-HP and director of the ENA.
- Werner Novak: German footballer.
- Erick Schmitt: Born in Mahdia, Algeria, he took 21 children and their teacher (Laurence Dreyfus, born 28 April 1963) hostage in a nursery school near Paris (Neuilly-sur-Seine).
- Barry Van Dyke in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; actor (Lieutenant Dillon - Battlestar Galactica).
- Barry Van Dyke: American actor and screenwriter.
- Evonne Cawley: Australian tennis player.
- Gerald Anthony: Actor (Marco Dane- General Hospital, One Life to Live).
- J of Oudshoorn [John K Feylbrief]: Writer (Maze of Sentences).
- Japan Airlines is established.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?