Thursday 19 July 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Reza Kianian and Jayson Stark.
Alice in Wonderland, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Moulin Rouge by Pierre La Mure was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1951 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Reza Kianian: Iranian actor.
- Jayson Stark: American sportswriter.
- Abel Ferrara: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Max Ettinger: Composer, dies at 77.
- 2 in the Aisle opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 276 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Because of You - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?