Saturday 7 July 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 7, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Mai and Stephanie Stumph.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Starfighter, directed by Nick Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Good Morning, Merry Sunshine by Bob Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Control.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben Bero Beh or Marble Madness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1984 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Marie-Mai : Pop Singer.
- Stephanie Stumph: German actress.
- Alberto Aquilani: Italian footballer.
- Minas Alozidis: Greek hurdler.
- Mohammad Ashraful: Bangladeshi cricketer.
- Yousuke Itou: Japanese actor and singer.
- 5 die in a train crash in Williston, Vermont
- 91st Wimbledon Womens Tennis: M Navratilova beats Chris Evert (76 62)
- Frankie Valli marries Randy Clohessy
- Five die in a train crash in Williston, Vermont.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy
- Patrice Rushen - Feels So Real (Won't Let Go)
- O'Bryan - Lovelite
- Ollie And Jerry - Breakin'...there's No Stopping Us
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- The Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- R.J.'S Latest Arrival - Shackles
- Cherelle - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?