Friday 13 July 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 13, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pio Marmaï and Ida Maria.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Nerds, directed by Jeff Kanew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Past Imperfect by Joan Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Control.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Break Dance Breakdance or Ninja Hayate.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 July 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1984 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Pio Marmaï: French actor of Italian descent.
- Ida Maria: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Urvashi Sharma: Indian actress and model.
- Eddie Van Halen joins in, in a Jacksons concert
- Sergei Bubka of USSR pole-vaults a record 5.89 metres.
- Terry Wallis, a nineteen-year old living in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas falls into a deep coma after a severe automobile accident. He would eventually awaken nineteen years later on June 13, 2003.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Patrice Rushen - Feels So Real (Won't Let Go)
- Ollie And Jerry - Breakin'...there's No Stopping Us
- Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy
- Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're In My Arms Again
- Hold Me - Teddy Pendergrass And Whitney Houston
- O'Bryan - Lovelite
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Jump (For My Love) - The Pointer Sisters
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?