Sunday 15 July 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vice Cooler and Alex Boyd.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Nerds, directed by Jeff Kanew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Bomb Alley or Gertrude's Secrets.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1984 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Vice Cooler: American singer-songwriter (Hawnay Troof, Xbxrx).
- Alex Boyd: German-Scottish photographer.
- Cooler: American singer-songwriter (Hawnay Troof and XBXRX).
- Angelo Siniscalchi: Italian footballer.
- Veronika Velez-Zuzulová: Slovak skier.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?