Friday July 6, 1984
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shenay Perry and Lauren Harris.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Starfighter, directed by Nick Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Control.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing F-1 Race or Micro League Baseball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1984 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:06 July
- Warner Communications sells off the home video game and computer systems business of Atari to Jack Tramiel for US$240 million in long-term loans. Warner has the option to purchase up to 32 percent interest in the new company for US$2 per share.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy
- Patrice Rushen - Feels So Real (Won't Let Go)
- O'Bryan - Lovelite
- Ollie And Jerry - Breakin'...there's No Stopping Us
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Jump (For My Love) - The Pointer Sisters
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- R.J.'S Latest Arrival - Shackles
- Cherelle - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?