Saturday July 14, 1984
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 14, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erica Blasberg and Pierre Bittencourt.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Nerds, directed by Jeff Kanew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while First Lady From Plains by Rosalynn Carter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Control.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fruity Frank or Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 July 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1984 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Erica Blasberg: American golfer (d. 2010).
- Pierre Bittencourt
- Sveva Alviti
- Nilmar (footballer)
- Renaldo Balkman: American basketball player.
- Lenka Dlhopolcová: Slovak tennis player.
- Nansy Stergiopoulou: Greek singer (Hi-5).
- Samir Handanović: Slovenian footballer.
- Fleur Saville: New Zealand actress and producer.
- Mounir Hamdaoui: Moroccan footballer.
- Ida Maria: Rock Singer.
- Dolly Castro: Instagram Star.
- Nilmar : Brazilian footballer.
- STS 41-D vehicle moves to Vandenberg AFB for remanifest of payloads
- New Zealand Prime Minister Robert Muldoon calls a snap election and is heavily defeated by opposition Labour leader David Lange.
- Beverly Lynn Burns becomes the first woman Boeing 747 captain in the world.
- In San Ysidro, California, 41-year-old James Oliver Huberty sprays a McDonald's restaurant with gunfire, killing 21 people before being shot and killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Patrice Rushen - Feels So Real (Won't Let Go)
- Ollie And Jerry - Breakin'...there's No Stopping Us
- Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy
- Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're In My Arms Again
- Hold Me - Teddy Pendergrass And Whitney Houston
- O'Bryan - Lovelite
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Jump (For My Love) - The Pointer Sisters
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?