Saturday 14 July 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erica Blasberg and Pierre Bittencourt.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Nerds, directed by Jeff Kanew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while First Lady From Plains by Rosalynn Carter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Through Time or Gertrude's Secrets.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1984!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 July 1984 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Erica Blasberg: American golfer (d. 2010).
- Pierre Bittencourt
- Sveva Alviti
- Nilmar (footballer)
- Nilmar : Brazilian footballer.
- Renaldo Balkman: American basketball player.
- Lenka Dlhopolcová: Slovak tennis player.
- Mounir Hamdaoui: Moroccan footballer.
- Samir Handanović: Slovenian footballer.
- Fleur Saville: New Zealand actress and producer.
- Nansy Stergiopoulou: Greek singer (Hi-5).
- Ida Maria: Rock Singer.
- Dolly Castro: Instagram Star.
- STS 41-D vehicle moves to Vandenberg AFB for remanifest of payloads
- New Zealand Prime Minister Robert Muldoon calls a snap election and is heavily defeated by opposition Labour leader David Lange.
- Beverly Lynn Burns becomes the first woman Boeing 747 captain in the world.
- In San Ysidro, California, 41-year-old James Oliver Huberty sprays a McDonald's restaurant with gunfire, killing 21 people before being shot and killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?