Wednesday 11 July 1984
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rachael Taylor and Hokuto Konishi.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Cloak & Dagger, directed by Richard Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Heretics Of Dune by Frank Herbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure Construction Set or Alien.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1984 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Rachael Taylor: Movie Actress.
- Hokuto Konishi: Dancer.
- Jacoby Jones: Football Player.
- Yorman Bazardo: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Tanith Belbin: Canadian-American ice dancer.
- Hitomi Hyuga: Japanese actress
- : Japanese-American dancer
- Joe Pavelski: American ice hockey player
- Morné Steyn: South African rugby player
- Karel Mengelberg: Composer, dies at 81.
- 55th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 3-1 at Candlestick Park, San Francisco
- All star MVP: Gary Carter (Montreal Expos)
- Government orders air bags or seat belts would be required in cars by 1989
- Lucas Mangope re-elected President of Bophuthatswana
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- ZZ Top - Legs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?