Sunday 1 July 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grégory Bourillon and Gerri Richard.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Reflex by Duran Duran.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Bachelor Party, directed by Neal Israel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Witches Of Eastwick by John Updike was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jet Set Willy or Match Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1984!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1984 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Grégory Bourillon: French footballer (soccer player).
- Gerri Richard: American brutally raped and murdered 11/1984 at four months old.
- Fabian Manzano: Guitarist.
- Morgane Dubled: French model.
- Donald Thomas: Bahamian high jumper.
- Baby closes at Barrymore Theater NYC after 241 performances
- Amy Alcott wins LPGA Lady Keystone Golf Open
- Royals pitcher Paul Splittorff, retires
- The PG-13 rating is introduced by the MPAA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?