Saturday 10 August 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Ujlaki and John Alldis.
Madame X, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:10 August
- Pierre Fatou: French mathematician and astronomer (d. 1929).
- Grover Alexander beats Phils 7-1 for his 373rd and last NL win
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?