Thursday 7 July 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Venus Raj and Sophie Rodriguez.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Flame by Cheap Trick.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
The Dead Pool, directed by Buddy Van Horn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Moonwalk by Michael Jackson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barfuß ins Bett.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Last Duel or Impossible Mission II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1988 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Venus Raj
- Sophie Rodriguez
- LionMakerStudios : YouTube Star.
- Kaci Brown: American singer-songwriter.
- Mariana Krueger: American noted family, the first child born to the former ambassador to Mexico, Bob Krueger and his wife Kathleen.
- Ilan Rubin: American drummer (Angels & Airwaves Nine Inch Nails Lostprophets Denver Harbor and Fenix TX).
- Lukas Rosenthal: German rugby player.
- Jack Whitehall: TV Actor.
- Jimmy Edwards: Actor (Plank, Bottoms Up, Late Mr H), dies at 68.
- Soviet Union launches Phobos 1 to probe Martian moon (unsuccessful).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Sade - Paradise
- James Brown - I'm Real
- The Mac Band Featuring The McCampbell Brothers - Roses Are Red
- Vanessa Williams - The Right Stuff
- Gregory Abbott - I'll Prove It To You
- Teddy Pendergrass - Joy
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew - Keep Risin' To The Top
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
Top #10 Latin songs
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- LA ULTIMA LUNA - Emmanuel
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- Todo Por Ti - Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine
- Braulio - EL VICIO DE TU BOCA
- Dyango - AHORA
- QUERIENDO Y NO - Isabel Pantoja
- SUENO CONTIGO - Jose Luis Rodriguez
- CUANDO EL AMOR SE ACABA - Jose Feliciano
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?