Wednesday 7 May 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Ramo and François Brousse.
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Laddie (novel) by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1913 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Simon Ramo: Salt Lake City EXecutives.
- François Brousse: He was a philosophy professor who had mainly taught in the Languedoc-Roussillon region and is the author of some 80 works including poetry, essays (metaphysical, astronomical, astrology, historical and esoteric), novels, plays and storybooks.
- John Hardy: American general (d. 2012).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Manuel Romain
- When I Waltz with You - Helen Clark
- On the Mississippi - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?