Wednesday 28 May 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Wolstenholme and May Swenson.
The Battle of Gettysburg, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Amateur Gentleman by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 May 1913 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Gordon Wolstenholme: physician.
- May Swenson: American lesbian poet and playwright considered one of the most important and original poets of the 20th century.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Spaniard That Blighted My Life - Al Jolson
- Here Comes My Daddy Now (Oh Pop-Oh Pop-Oh Pop) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?