Friday 30 May 1913
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cedric Thorpe and Jean Thiry.
The Battle of Gettysburg, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Judgment House by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1913!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1913 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Cedric Thorpe: Davie composer.
- Jean Thiry: French military general, who in the 1960s was director of the nuclear test site at Mururoa atoll in the Pacific Ocean.
- Gaston Delouche: Florac physician.
- As managers who have won 1,000 games
- New country of Albania is formed.
- John McGraw joins Fred Clarke, Cap Anson, Frank Selee, and Connie Mack as managers who have won 1,000 games.
- First Balkan War: the Treaty of London, 1913 is signed ending the war. Albania becomes an independent nation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Spaniard That Blighted My Life - Al Jolson
- Here Comes My Daddy Now (Oh Pop-Oh Pop-Oh Pop) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?