Thursday 8 May 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney James [Cohen] and André Gardère.
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Amateur Gentleman by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1913 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Sidney James [Cohen]: Johannesburg, South Africa -- Actor (Carry On).
- André Gardère: French fencer who won a silver medal in the team foil event at the 1936 Summer Olympics.
- Saima Harmaja: Finnish poet, she lived a short life with fervent poetic creativity.
- Andre Gardere: France sport Champion.
- Bob Clampett: American animator director and producer (d. 1984).
- Sid James: South African-English actor and singer (d. 1976)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Lost You - Manuel Romain
- When I Waltz with You - Helen Clark
- On the Mississippi - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?