Tuesday 7 May 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul H F Brenneker and Daniel Divry.
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1912
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 7 May 1912. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1912 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Paul H F Brenneker: Netherlands -- Antillian photographer / folklorist.
- Daniel Divry: French soldier in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Pannalal Patel: Gujarati author (d. 1989).
- Columbia University approves plans for awarding the Pulitzer Prize in several categories The award is established by Joseph Pulitzer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Was Twenty-One and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When I was Twenty-one and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & American Quartet
- Ragtime Mocking Bird - Dolly Connolly