Tuesday 7 May 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul H F Brenneker and Daniel Divry.
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while A Hoosier Chronicle by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1912 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Paul H F Brenneker: Netherlands -- Antillian photographer / folklorist.
- Daniel Divry: French soldier in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Pannalal Patel: Gujarati author (d. 1989).
- Columbia University approves plans for awarding the Pulitzer Prize in several categories The award is established by Joseph Pulitzer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come to the Ball - Henry Burr
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?