Tuesday 7 May 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 7, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul H F Brenneker and Daniel Divry.
The Cry of the Children, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1912 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Paul H F Brenneker: Netherlands -- Antillian photographer / folklorist.
- Daniel Divry: French soldier in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Pannalal Patel: Gujarati author (d. 1989).
- Columbia University approves plans for awarding the Pulitzer Prize in several categories The award is established by Joseph Pulitzer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When I Was Twenty-One and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- When I was Twenty-one and You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough & American Quartet
- Ragtime Mocking Bird - Dolly Connolly