Friday 24 November 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bev Bevan and Claudia Dreifus.
House of Frankenstein, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1944 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Bev Bevan: Rocker (ELO).
- Claudia Dreifus: Interviewer / author (7 Stories).
- Jules Deelder: Dutch poet (T of Vondel).
- Dan Glickman: American politician, former U.S.
- Candy Darling: American model and actress (d. 1974).
- Ibrahim Gambari: Nigerian academic and diplomat 9th Nigerian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- US bombers based on Saipan first attack Tokyo, Japan.
- World War II: Bombing of Tokyo : The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 November 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?