Wednesday 8 April 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus Lowitsch and Klaus Löwitsch.
Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1936 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Klaus Lowitsch: Berlin, Germany -- Actor (Despair, Marriage of Marla Braun).
- Klaus Löwitsch: German actor, best known in Germany for his starring role in the TV detective series "Peter Strohm" from 1989 to 1996.
- Robert Barany: Austro-Hungarian otologist.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?