Thursday 9 April 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Somare and Ferdinando Imposimato.
Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while White Banners by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1936 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Michael Somare: British foreign affairs minister (Papua and New Guinea).
- Ferdinando Imposimato: Italian educator and prosecuting attorney in several famous cases, such as those of Aldo Moro and Sindona.
- Houston Newsome: American waiter who did a little drug dealing (marijuana) and also manned a 1-900 phone sex line.
- Valerie Solanas: American militant lesbian feminist, founder of the Society for Cutting Up Men (SCUM) and frustrated author of the radical "S.
- Jerzy Maksymiuk: Polish pianist composer and conductor.
- Ferdinand Tonnies: German sociologist (Born 1855).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?