Tuesday 14 April 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Mars and Robert Herman Nichols in Louisville.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1936 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Kenneth Mars: American actor (d. 2011).
- Robert Herman Nichols in Louisville: Kentucky, USA; PGA golfer (1986 Showdown).
- Astrid Heiberg: Norwegian psychiatrist (professor emerita), and politician of the Conservative Party.
- Arlene Martel: American actress and singer (d. 2014).
- Bobby Nichols: American professional golfer.
- Frank Serpico: American-Italian soldier and police officer
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?