Wednesday 29 April 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lane Smith in Memphis and Richard Lynch.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while The Last Puritan by George Santayana was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1936 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Lane Smith in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; actor (Perry - Lois and Clark, Chiefs, Nathan - V).
- Richard Lynch: Actor (Xavier-Battlestar Galactica).
- April Stevens in Niagara Falls: New York, USA; rock vocalist (Deep Purple).
- Adolfo Nicolas: Spanish priest.
- Zubin Mehta: Indian conductor, pianist and violinist, an international musician who was named the lifetime conductor of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra in 1981.
- Alejandra Pizarnik: Argentine poet.
- Jacob Rothschild: English banker / multi-millionaire
- Adolfo Nicolás: Spanish priest 13th Superior General of the Society of Jesus
- Lane Smith: American actor (Born 1936)
- April Stevens: American singer (Nino Tempo & April Stevens)
- Florentinus M Wibaut: Amsterdam social alderman, dies at age 76.
- 1st pro baseball game in Japan is played Nagoya defeats Daitokyo, 8-5
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?