Saturday 18 April 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Innocent [HS Harrison] and Madeleine Gillian Jinkinson.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1936 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Harold Innocent [HS Harrison]: English actor (Tall Guy).
- Madeleine Gillian Jinkinson: Medical administrator.
- Brian Fuller commandant (Fire Service College: England).
- Roger Graef: American-English criminologist director and producer.
- Vladimir Hütt: Estonian physicist and philosopher (d. 1997).
- Tommy Ivo: American actor and race car driver
- Pan-Am Clipper begins regular passenger flights from San Francisco, California to Honolulu, Hawaii.
- The first Champions Day is celebrated in Detroit, Michigan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 April 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?