Saturday 11 April 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Allen and Brian Noble.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while White Banners by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1936 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
Famous Birthdays:11 April
- Mitya Stillman: Composer, dies at 44.
- Stanley Cup: Detroit Red Wings beat Toronto Maple Leafs, 3 games to 1
- The first Butlins holiday camp opens at Skegness. It was officially opened by Amy Johnson from Hull, who was the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?