Sunday 19 April 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wilfried Martens and Csaba Szabo.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 April 1936 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Wilfried Martens: Belgian lawyer, politician, Prime Minister 1979 - 1992, married once, two children.
- Csaba Szabo: Composer.
- Guy Lutgen: Belgian politician, minister.
- Jack Pardee: American football player and coach (d. 2013).
- Anti-Jewish riots break out in Palestine.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?