Saturday 8 August 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Penrose and Jonathan Elkus.
Bad Girl, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1931 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Roger Penrose: English physicist mathematician and philosopher.
- Jonathan Elkus: Composer.
- Sir Roger Penrose: British physicist.
- Édouard Luntz: French film director who directed nine films between 1959 and 1973.
- Peter Fitz: Germany Actor.
- Jacques Terry: St Martin des Bes EXecutives.
- Washingston Senator Bob Burke no-hits Boston Red Sox, 5-0
- Workers go on strike at the Hoover dam.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?