Saturday 8 August 1931US date format: 8/8/1931, UK date format: 8/8/1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 8, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Penrose and Sir Roger Penrose.
Sporting Blood, directed by Charles Brabin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Television Today.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1931 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Roger Penrose: English physicist mathematician and...
- Jonathan Elkus: Composer.
- Sir Roger Penrose: British physicist.
- Édouard Luntz: French film director who directed nine...
- Peter Fitz: Germany Actor.
- Jacques Terry: St Martin des Bes EXecutives.
- Washingston Senator Bob Burke no-hits Boston Red Sox, 5-0
- Workers go on strike at the Hoover dam.