Tuesday 8 August 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martine Aubry and Ken Kutaragi.
Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cocktail Party by T.S. Eliot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Innocents Abroad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1950 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Martine Aubry: French politician.
- Ken Kutaragi: Japanese businessman created PlayStation.
- Sarah Dunant: English author and critic.
- Willie Hall: American drummer and producer (The Blues Brothers The Bar-Kays and Booker T. & the M.G.
- Lucjan Lis: Polish-German cyclist (d. 2015).
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA All-American Golf Open
- Winston Churchill supports idea of a pan-European army allied with Canada and the U.S.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Foley & Ernest Tubb - Goodnight, Irene
- Can Anyone Explain? (No, No, No!) - Ames Brothers
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?