Saturday 8 December 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Bryson and Richard Desmond.
I'll See You in My Dreams, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Name's the Same.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1951 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Bill Bryson: American author and academic.
- Richard Desmond: English publisher and businessman founded Northern & Shell.
- Jan Eggum: Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Gitarkameratene).
- Tree Grows in Brooklyn closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 267 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?