Wednesday 5 December 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morgan Brittany and Larry Zbyszko.
I'll See You in My Dreams, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Farmers Hotel by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Name's the Same.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 December 1951 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Morgan Brittany: American actress.
- Larry Zbyszko: American wrestler and trainer.
- Georges Talbourdet
- Link Byfield: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2015).
- Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven: Belgian painter and illustrator.
- Morgan Brittany [Suzanne Cupito] in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Katherine - Dallas).
- Thomas Warren Purtzer in Des Moines: Iowa, USA; PGA golfer (1977 Glen Campbell).
- Dragnet premieres
- Provisional Intergovernmental Committee for the Movement of Migrants from Europe.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?