Wednesday 5 December 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morgan Brittany and Larry Zbyszko.
I'll See You in My Dreams, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Name's the Same.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1951
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 5 December 1951. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1951 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Morgan Brittany: American actress.
- Larry Zbyszko: American wrestler and trainer.
- Georges Talbourdet
- Thomas Warren Purtzer in Des Moines: Iowa, USA; PGA golfer (1977 Glen Campbell).
- Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven: Belgian painter and illustrator.
- Link Byfield: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2015).
- Morgan Brittany [Suzanne Cupito] in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Katherine - Dallas).
- Dragnet premieres
- Provisional Intergovernmental Committee for the Movement of Migrants from Europe.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?