Tuesday 25 December 1951, Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ria Thielsch .
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Wait For The Wagon by Mary Lasswell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dangerous Assignment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1951 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Harry T Moore: Florida NAACP official, is killed by a bomb.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?