Monday 24 December 1951, Christmas Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Bruno and John D'Acquisto.
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Roy Rogers Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1951 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Ronald Bruno: American business merchandising and CEO of Bruno's, a supermarket chain with an expansion ratio of 25 new stores per year (2001).
- John D'Acquisto: American baseball player.
- Nick Kent: English-French journalist and author.
- 1st televised opera (Amahl & Night Visitor)
- United Kingdom of Libya gains independence from Italy via the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?