Wednesday 8 February 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Larson in Los Angeles and Olabiyi Durojaiye.
She Done Him Wrong, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1933 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Jack Larson in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Jimmy Olsen - Superman).
- Olabiyi Durojaiye: Nigerian politician, the elected Senator for the Ogun East constituency of Ogun State at the start of the Nigerian Fourth Republic, running on the Alliance for Democracy (AD) platform.
- Elly Ameling: Rotterdam, Holland -- Soprano (Ilya-Idomeneo).
- 1st flight of all-metal Boeing 247
- -23 degrees F (-31 degrees C), Seminole, Texas (state record low).
- First flight of all-metal Boeing 247.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?